Attention Maine high school juniors and seniors, how does a $2,000 college scholarship sound? What about college planning sessions with our CRAVE counselor?
We are looking for two Maine high school students, one junior and one senior, to join the MES CRAVE team by becoming guest bloggers. We have a blog on our company website and want to add stories highlighting the college planning process from a student’s perspective. Tell us about your college search - the good, the bad and the ‘are you kidding me?’ moments you've experienced.
Juniors: We want you to share your experiences about your college search process, how it felt taking the SAT or ACT for the first time and what steps you took to prepare, attending your first college fair, and what your college visits were like, as just a few examples. Also, there may be an opportunity for our junior blogger to continue blogging throughout their senior year for additional scholarship funds!
Seniors: We want to hear about your experience selecting schools, completing applications, comparing award letters and decisions on how you will finance your education. Additional opportunities include college orientation, “move in” day, and your first day of classes.
We’ll help you along the way. College planning sessions with our college counselor are available to all students.
Interested? Let’s get started!
- Student must submit a minimum of 6 blog posts, at least every other month starting in October 2013.
- Posts should focus on the college search, college decisions, financing, or other related areas.
- MES CRAVE will review all posts prior to publication.
- Blog must be your original work and cannot be republished elsewhere. You are more than welcome to link to it and are encouraged to share it.
- All submissions are property of MES CRAVE and may be used for future blog posts or additional publications.
- Scholarship funds will be distributed to your college of enrollment after all monthly articles have been submitted.
- Scholarship will be made payable directly to the school the student will be attending.
MES will award (2) two $2,000 scholarships to one (1) junior and one (1) senior Maine high school student. Scholarship funds will be distributed to your college of enrollment after all monthly articles have been submitted.
All materials must be received by September 16th
To apply: Please submit the following:
- MES CRAVE Student Blogger Scholarship Application
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher most familiar with your writing and dependability
- A sample blog of 300-500 words on the following topic: “What are your biggest worries, concerns and challenges regarding college?“
All materials must be received by September 16th and be should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.